Saturday, August 05, 2006

Blog-Jacker!

"How many times have I tried to turn this truck around? (beep! beep! beep!)..."

So I haven't actually been released yet, but fully expect to be released tomorrow. Last week the Bishop showed up on our front porch, dressed in shirt and tie (here's where the music goes dum, dum, dum!) After talking about the air conditioner for a minute, he stated that he'd better get to the point of the visit.

At this point I have to admit that the thought crossed my mind that I might be getting a new calling,but never in my wildest dreams or nightmares did I suspect what was coming!

He then preceded to extend the calling of Relief Society President! LOL! Just seeing that in writing makes me laugh and shake my head in disbelief! Long Story short, I said yes, he was relieved and shortly left.

I don't know that I've been able to sleep since that night! (Of course, Sweetsa plays a large roll in that too) I can't seem to stop my mind from going over all sorts of things in my head. I have to admit that some of the time those thoughts are how there is no way I'll be able to do this...including the famous line "I'm too little!"

Anyway, it all seems so surreal! Especially since last week our Primary Pres got called to be in the Stake Primary Presidency, and now everyone keeps "confiding" that they are just sure I will be called as the Ward Primary President...won't they be surprised!

The other thing that makes this so surreal is that my dear sweet amazing Mother just got called to be RS Pres in her ward 2 months ago. So sometimes I think to myself, "No, she's the RS pres not me...oh! wait a minute...!"

So that's probably a bit more insight into how I've been thinking recently than anyone in their right mind wanted to know, but that's what's been occupying my mind for the past little while!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6 Like Ammon In the STrength of the Lord you can do all things. Alma 26:12 Hang in there and you and the Lord will do well! love SPH-1

6:11 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

So I've got two RS presidents in the family I grew up in? Wow! That makes me kind of want to keep an eye out over my shoulder.

8:53 PM  
Blogger Taffy said...

So did ya'll hear about Froggalee's new calling? Is this Pres. thing contagious?

2:31 PM  
Blogger ang said...

Wow! You will be fantastic!

3:26 PM  
Blogger B said...

Thank you all for your faith in me and most of all in the Lord. I do know that thru Him all things are possible...even when they seem impossible!

Taffy, that sounded almost ominous! What is Frogaa-Lee's calling?

3:31 PM  
Blogger Froga-lee said...

I have less visits and a smaller, rambunctious flock. I was sustained as YW president last week but I got the call the same week I was nominated for the Reunion stuff. I felt Big Responsibility bonking both sides of my head!

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home