Friday, July 07, 2006

Can't get ahead for trying

Today after lunch, I sat down to nurse Sweetsa and try to get her to take a nap. Earlier she fell asleep only to awaken and start screaming 5 minutes later. After a few minutes of nursing, Sweetsa let me know there was no way she'd be napping any time soon. So I let her down and went to see what was keeping Mimi and Buddy occupied so quietly in the kitchen.

I found them making a "special treat" for everyone. Mimi called it Marshmallow Matey Crunch, but when she gave me my portion it was more like mush. What can you expect when cereal has been stirred together with milk, water and juice, and then liberally squished between preschool fingers for who knows how long? Oh, yeah, Buddy was really helping but dodged the picture.

And after cleaning up the specail treat, I returned to the living room to find out why Sweetsa is suddenly so quietly content...has she fallen asleep all on her own? No, that's almost too much to hope for. Instead she has been un-sorting the laundry for me! I guess it's just going to be one of those days! At least we're not in the hospital or dentist's or doctor's office!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ree said...

Look how cute and creative your children are, B! I know--it's hard to look at it that way from the inside out. Especially since you are the clean up crew. But there has got to be more joy in today's cleanup than in cleaning the men's lavs in the Marriot Bldg. Right?

12:49 PM  
Blogger B said...

So true Ree, so true! And I knew it was kind of funny too, or I'd never have taken the time to snap the pics.

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home