Tuesday, June 13, 2006

3-year-old Standards

As Buddy and I were cuddling today, I gained new insight into a three-year-old's mind.
Out of the blue he said "EW! Yucky!" I thought he saw something on Zooboomafoo (Sp?) that he thought was gross. Apparently I wasn't paying enough attention, because he said it again, "Mommy, EW! Yucky!" So I looked down at him, and he had this massive wet booger on his finger. And here is the insight...I have been asking him what seems like endlessly to not pick his nose and eat the results. I'd like to think he's finally listening, but I really think he has standards for what is edible and what is definitely not: dry and crusty ok, wet and slimey, gross!

4 Comments:

Blogger Shana said...

As ashamed as I am to admit it, I have booger eaters on my hands too. But the good news is, I think they are outgrowing it and that is a happy thing. Glad he didn't eat the slimey one!

2:55 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

A couple weeks ago I was stopped at a traffic light with Daisy. I got distracted by watching in the rear view mirror the man in the car behind me picking his nose. So distracted that when the light changed I stalled the car and he honked at me to get on my way. I wanted to tell him that my delay was his own fault--nose picker!

10:03 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

P.S. As far as I could tell, that man wasn't eating his finds.

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bethany

I am sure glad you didn't have a photo with this blog!

Brittney

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home