Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Look out World!

Tonight Mimi asked if they could ride their bikes after dinner. I thought it had cooled down enough that I could sit out there with Sweetsa and not fry, or get sunburned. After they finished dinner Buddy and Mimi ran out and got their bikes and helmets. By the time I had gathered a few toys and a blanket for Sweetsa Pizza, much to my surprise (and chagrin), Mimi had removed her training wheels from the bike!!

Mimi had mentioned earlier in the day that she wanted to learn to ride her bike without the training wheels. At the time, I thought, "Not something I really want to tackle right now!" But I didn't tell her to forget it, I just thought she would forget about it.


Anyway, so we talked a little about the things she needed to do...keep pedaling, sit up straight, watch where she's going, etc. And then she started practicing.
I hate to admit that when she talked about learning to ride sans training wheels, I thought, "Maybe in a few years, she's too young right now." I never thought she'd be able to do it, especially not in one evening!

She absolutely amazes me! It didn't even take her an hour to learn how to ride the bike without training wheels! Every time she would fall, she would say, "I'm going to learn how to do this, I just have to keep trying!" and "I'm not going to stop until I can do this!"

So I'm giving the world fair notice now: this is one determined person who can really do anything she sets her mind to! Watch out Adam, you might just find yourself married to a ballet-teaching doctor!

8 Comments:

Blogger Ree said...

Way to go Mimi! She put her mind to it and found success in just one evening--that's a determined little girl for you. What fun it is to see such character traits popping out in our little ones.

Does she also know how to use a wrench, or how did she get the training wheels off by herself?

8:45 PM  
Blogger B said...

Apparently the nuts were loose enough that she could remove them by hand. However, I was pretty amazed that she had gone ahead and taken them off all by herself!

10:20 PM  
Blogger Boss said...

Wow! Smart, resourceful and determined. A triple threat!

12:29 PM  
Blogger Taffy said...

Wow, she is very accomplished! no kidding "look out world."

4:18 PM  
Blogger John said...

Good work Mimi! Keep on pedaling!

5:49 PM  
Blogger dani said...

Go Mimi Go! Wait! Stop! Wait for your mother! :)

I'm very proud of her and reading this yesterday brought tears of pride to my eyes and prevented my comments then but I did want to add, B? Did you expect any less from one of YOUR offspring? Luv yas, d

8:12 PM  
Blogger CAROLIONESS said...

Wow! That is awesome!!

10:32 AM  
Blogger Trick said...

That little girl is truly amazing. I think the world only needs to watch out so they can learn from her!

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home