Friday, April 21, 2006

A Day in the Life...

...of a suitcase? A year or so ago, we got a little suitcase for Mimi, and Buddy has always been fascinated by it. Ever since I have been looking for one for him. Yesterday, while looking for various items at our local second-hand store, Savers, we found the one...apparently they knew each other in the pre-Earth life. Buddy adores the rolling wonder.
In the 24 hours since we found it in the store, the suitcase has only been out of his sight when I specifically forbade it's entrance into the restaurant this evening, and when he's slept. It stayed in the car. It's gone to Gramma Sharon's house, up and down the driveway and sidewalks around our house. It sits by his bed when he goes to bed (I don't think he thought to put it in his bed...strange, since it literally follwed him everywhere on the playground.)

They had a wonderful time at the park, going up the steps, through the tunnels, and down the slides. Buddy reportedly saved the suitcase from a bee...I was shown the wings, smashed on the slide. When I asked how he smashed it, Mimi said "His shoe." But Buddy disagreed, saying, "My bottom!" At least he still wears diapers!

Buddy has always made friends rather easily, but I never realized that extended to inanimate objects. It is so fun to see him with his new "friend". ;)

8 Comments:

Blogger Boss said...

That's adorable! (Be glad it's not a garbage can.)

9:58 PM  
Blogger B said...

Too true, Boss, too true!

10:00 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

Has he packed anything into his suitcase yet or is just the fact that he has a suitcase enough for now? How very cute!

8:34 AM  
Blogger B said...

Yeah, he packs things in it, but it changes from day to day.(OK, so this is only the 3rd day, but still..:)

2:50 PM  
Blogger Shana said...

That just makes me smile--how very cute. Denver did the same thing with a truck he received for Christmas, but he slept with his arm around it all night. Glad you found a suitcase for Jacob and that he loves it so much.

3:37 PM  
Blogger Taffy said...

My girls have done that sort of thing with purses. I'm glad JJ likes a suitcase instead. I look forward to meeting Suitcase in June.

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has Megan become more interested in her own suitcase? Do they "pair up?"
I am so impressed that Jacob will attack a bee to defend suitcase. My children would NEVER risk a sting by confronting a bee. "Run away! Run away" is Scott's motto when a bee is in sight.

11:16 PM  
Blogger Ree said...

That's so funny! I've heard of kids getting attached to all kinds of things, but never a suitcase! I guess you've got your money's worth, esp. buying it at Savers. Has Jacob named his new favorite?

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home