Sunday, May 07, 2006

When is enough ... too much?

So, I have been sitting here at the computer trying to catch up on Blogs, bulletin boards and websites that I haven't had much time for recently. This after a very long day,unfortunately not really a day a rest.
Devin and I have been trading off going to meetings all day. Meetings started at 8:15am for Devin. We had our 3 hour block, then he had another "informal meeting" after church. An hour later he had another meeting. Meanwhile, I had choir practice then an "informal meeting" after that. A half an hour later I had another meeting I had to go to. Devin picked me up early from that meeting so we could attend Nathan's Special Mutual Presentation (he sang "I Know My Father Lives") About forty-five minutes after we got home from that Devin left for yet another meeting!

Now, I admit that this has been a rather unusual day, we don't usually both have multiple meetings, but still...!!!


I think the thing that brought this craziness to my attention was that just now, while playing with her dolls, Mimi sweetly said, "I have to take you to the babysitters, sweetheart. I have another boring meeting to go to! I'll be back soon!" And she packed the baby into the carrier and was off.
It was cute, but it still kind of breaks my heart a bit! I'm afraid that's what she thinks Mommies and Daddies do.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you just experienced an acute May meeting day!
My experience is that May is a crazy month for scheduling.
It was great to see all y’ll at the fireside!

5:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, the infamous Sunday meeting gauntlet... I remember it well. Have you considered giving your ward a shove and advancing the church into the 21st century by suggesting online meetings or conference calls? Or how about dropping the meetings all together unless they are absolutely necessary and e-mailing information back and forth?

5:42 AM  
Blogger Taffy said...

Wo, thats a lot of stuff!

11:13 PM  
Blogger B said...

LOL! Taffy-you make me laugh! Thanks!

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home