Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Our Planner



For those of you who don't know Mimi, she is a planner. She is constantly making plans for today, tomorrow, next month, summer, October (her birthday month), and even for when she is an adult. Today I let her talk to her cousin on the phone. As I walked back into the room, I heard her say: "In the spring, you and E-beth (another cousin) will come to to the museum with me. Will you think about that and tell me what you think? "

She is often the one who says "Let's play pirates, and then we'll have a snack, maybe we can have apples and peanut butter (her current favorite), and then we can play Mommy and Daddy (aka House)."

She has already planned who she is going to marry (Adam), the names and genders of her first three children(girl-Sweetsa-pizza, girl-Mimi, boy-Buddy...sound familiar at all?), and her occupation (doctor).

I have to admit that because of her I have become more of a planner...out of self defense! There was a period of time where she would ask every night as part of her bedtime routine, "What is the plan for tomorrow?" If I didn't have an answer, she would start giving me suggestions, some doable (we are going to the park tomorrow, Mommy) some not so workable (we are going to Arizona to visit Aunah!).

I don't mind her being such a planner, except when she starts planning for the family...i.e. family planning. She has informed me several times that we will be having two more boys and two more girls !!! And then she starts announcing her plans for the family as if they are in fact occuring (in December she announced at dinnner in Spanish Fork that we would be having a baby in October....NOT true, by the way!)

8 Comments:

Blogger dani said...

B, I like it when Megan plans though at times I have thought her a bit "bossy" though I know she doesn't mean to be that way. I think it goes with the territory of being the first born. Some of her plans are absolutely adorable too. :) I really liked her announcement about October by-the-way.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

That is so funny!

7:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you get a cup from the Boss?

7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you get a cup from the Boss?

7:12 PM  
Blogger Taffy said...

Maybe you should listen to her plans to come to Arizona more often. Then she can come plan my move for me.

11:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a darling. Aren't you lucky to have a planner in the family.Aunt Betty

7:00 PM  
Blogger Boss said...

How cute! I could use an extra planner in my life, so if Megan ever starts freelancing send her this way!

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is sooo fun to plan! I know the fun (and disappointment) of childhood projects and get-togethers that are sparkling and exciting dreams. Making invitations and party game supplies occupied me for a month before my birthdays. Thank you, Aunt Sandy, for the party planning book that was the seed bed of so many plans! They never ended up as sparkling and exciting in real life as I had imagined. Sometimes things went terribly wrong. There was one party I planned that only you (b), Paul, and Daniel attended (that's what happens sometimes when your best friends live 30 miles away and you've changed schools for the 2nd time in two years.) Planning is not the novelty it used to be but there was a time when I could really get into planning out innovative and interesting YW activities. It's not my calling now but it could be Megan's in 20 years!

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home