Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Beauty Shop




I admit that I have never been much of a girlie-girl. I don't recall ever willingly wearing a dress to K-12 school. The only times I did wear a dress were for picture day pictures, and not willlingly done. I'm not (too) embarrassed to admit that I still don't know how to put on make-up (despite the mutual activity --2 HOURS!!--dedicated to that "art") , and my hair looks like it hasn't been brushed in days only 10 minutes after I actually brush it. And when I do try to do something with my hair, it just slips out--dratted straight, fine hair!

My children (poor things) have been "blessed" with my fine straight hair. Mimi's in particular has been difficult to deal with. It looks great for the first five minutes after being combed, but not ten minutes later, it reverts to pre-combed looks. *sigh* The other challenge with Mimi's hair is that she has always pulled out any beutification attempt (ie ponytails, barrettes, braids, bobby pins, etc.) She started that as soon as I started trying to put her hair in little pig-tails, when she was one. Thankfully, Sweetsa-pizza is a little more cooperative. I started putting her hair up this week...so far, I don't think her little hands can reach the ponytails! Heehee! (she does pull at the hair below the pony tails).

It has come as an absolute surprise to discover that my little Miss Mimi is all girl. She loves all girlie things-pink, ribbons, twirling, dresses, dancing, doing (fake) make-up, dressing-up, and now she wants me to do her hair. YIKES! I can barely do my own! So here is one example of how we do her hair now. She loves the curls and asks to have them done at least twice a week.


Buddy, however, is much less than impressed with my attempts to style his locks. Anytime I approach with comb in hand, he either runs away, yelling, or lets me comb his hair and then promptly messes it up so it looks worse than it did before I combed it! Thankfully, he'll let his daddy comb his hair. If not, I think we'd go for the buzz!

Here is our latest styling effort on him. When he saw his shadow at first he was upset and made me smooth down the spikes. But after a moment of consideration (and hearing his sister ask for the same spikes) he wanted them restored.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

TOO cute! Love y’all.

8:27 AM  
Blogger Peanut said...

How fun! Love the spikes! Did Megan get the ones she wanted?

10:34 AM  
Blogger B said...

I'm not sure which "ones" you're referring to, but she gets the curls at least on Sunday, and sometimes in the middle of the week. She gets ponytails and barettes when ever she can sit still long enough to have them put in...and as long as she will keep them in. SHe will often bring me the hair beautifiers of the by 10:30am, to put in my pocket. It's a start!

12:26 PM  
Blogger Taffy said...

I was thinking the "ones" sonnet was refering to were spikes. Plus I never thought my girls would be quite so girly either. I think it's fun though. We have a lot of fun painting nails and doing hair. Maybe we can have little princess makeover time when we are together this summer.

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home