Monday, March 12, 2007

Success Again!

On Sunday, Buddy gave his first talk in Primary. I was very glad that I didn't have to teach RS again (having taught the two previous weeks!) I was able to slip out and help him give his talk about David and Goliath. I wasn't sure if he would actually say anything, remembering the struggles we had with Mimi for a year and a half, before she actually gave(said) a talk. But as soon as I knelt down next to him and started whispering in his ear, he repeated what I said, not shouting or heavy breathing into the mic either! He did get a bit shy towards the end and would only say "uh-huh" or "yes" to what I said. He then knelt down behind the podium. I thought he was hiding, but after church he told me that he was being like David and praying "like this, Mom." (while demonstrating the kneeling for me). I love watching these little ones grow in knowledge and faith!

2 Comments:

Blogger Naoma said...

He was adorable! I love that he waws praying, it shows that he wasn't just repeating but understanding! What a doll.

7:23 AM  
Blogger Kelley ♥ a bunch of apples said...

I agree, he was adorable. It is amazing what these kids actually know and understand, even when we don't realize. Way to go Buddy!

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home