Thursday, March 01, 2007

My projects and kid projects



Well, I guess I should be grateful that my kids can occupy themselves while I'm in the midst of attempting a project. But I'm also starting to think that my projects should be confined to evening hours when little sweethearts are snoozing (since even Sweetsa is trying to wean herself from the dreaded nap-time! YIKES!)

Here is Buddy (and Sweetsa's) "collection from the other day. They did the same thing today as I tried to figure out what I'd do (if anything) for Easter dresses for the girls this year.





We've painted the living room. This project was done after kiddie bedtime. We were up 'til 2:30am finishing the second coat. We still haven't put our pictures back up though. I'm trying to decide what I want where and what new "wall decorations" we "need". We'll see what the finished product looks like!






I have no idea what I was occupied with last Sunday (maybe it was dinner). When I realized I hadn't seen or heard Sweetsa in a while, I looked around and discovered this pretty picture in the bathroom. Sweetsa has started getting into more and more things recently. She has learned how to pull or push the kitchen chairs around (it is pretty amazing to watch that little body work out the mechanics of moving a chair that is heavier than her!)


Mimi has learned how to do Sudoku. Here is the first puzzle she did.














Here are the curtains I "embellished" with a spare spool of ribbon. I got the curtains on clearance, and decided they would work for our curtainless kitchen windows. Mimi helped with threading the ribbon through the bottom of the curtains. Mimi is doing a bunch more constructive help these days. I am having to get over my control-freak tendencies and let her be able to things by herself. And in the middle of the curtains you see the "Christmas Cactus" I'm trying to get blooming again. Anyone have any suggestions other than water and good sunlight?

9 Comments:

Blogger Ree said...

You all have been busy--I am impressed! Especially with Mimi's sudoku talent.

6:47 PM  
Blogger Kelley ♥ a bunch of apples said...

So I finally had a chance to look at your blog. How fun! Thanks for sharing. Your Mimi is amazing, I can't even do those sudoku things! It is pretty funny what these little people can get into when we're not looking, I could probably tell story after story....Oh well, at least they're cute huh? LOL. Have a great day!!

10:07 PM  
Blogger Lady said...

Love the color of the living room paint! Also Ainsley has done the stack the cans and build castles and towers out of cans many times. I figure it's an easy mess to clean up (ie.. no small parts) and it can keep them busy for hours.

5:59 AM  
Blogger ang said...

looks like you have been super busy! thanks for all the tips you gave me, especially on project bulk-up...i am going to try to incorporate as many as i can.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

I agree with Lady, I really like that living room paint color. Plus, nice job on the curtains--so cute!

6:04 PM  
Blogger Trick said...

You are doing such good work B! Your living room and curtains look fantasic! But, most importantly, your children are wonderful!

8:16 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Way to go Mimi, very impressive!

7:38 PM  
Blogger The Mathews Family said...

Wow you're amazing! Where do you find the time and energy? The paint looks great and that is such a good idea for the curtains. Sorry, no advice on the plant... just turn your back on it and let it go. Maybe it is the plants time to go?
Jessica
P.S. I loved your lesson on Sunday. You are doing a great job and I'm glad you're around!

5:47 PM  
Blogger Naoma said...

Sounds like someone is busy!!! I like the idea of buying the curtains and embellishing yourself. I also loved the nemy nems blog... Tommy is starting to talk more and sometimes you just don't know what in the world they are saying! Love it!

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home