Sunday, March 11, 2007

The answer?



So here's the situation...
More than a couple times through out the past year I have discovered that the door to our upright freezer (located on our summer porch)has been left open for several hours. This has resulted in great distress due to loss of frozen foods to less than optimal temps. Added to this frustration is the countless number of times hear myself say "shut the refrigerator door!" every stinkin' day (let alone the number of times I say this without even hearing it!)

Anyway, after the loss of about 10 pounds of various now unfrozen, unrefrigerated chicken parts the other day, I went out and got these nifty things to keep my kids OUT of the chill boxes. However, the joke is on me. The main culprit in all these shenanigans (Buddy) figured out how to open the locks within about five minutes of examining them!! Argh! He hasn't tried to get into the freezer (that I know of) YET. But I did put the lock up as high as I could. I guess the effectiveness of the freezer lock it yet to be determined, but the fridge lock is a total bust! The funny thing is, he'll still open the fridge, get whatever he wants (after five minutes' contemplation), shut the door and lock it again!!! Maybe he thinks the lock is for Sweetsa!?

8 Comments:

Blogger Boss said...

That's what you get for having a smart kid, I guess! It's so cute that Buddy latches the door again when he's finished!

We use the same latches on our fridge, freezer, microwave, and pantry door (I put that one on after the flour incident a couple months ago). I count myself lucky that Sam hasn't figured them out yet. But I'm keeping him away from Buddy in the meantime! ;)

6:35 AM  
Blogger Peanut said...

How funny that he will lock it again when he's done. I guess that means the fridge and freezer are getting left open less--one way or another.

9:09 AM  
Blogger B said...

I guess that's true, Peanut. Thanks for helping me see the positive side!

11:39 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Sometime those kids are just too dang smart!! lol

12:55 PM  
Blogger CAROLIONESS said...

That's hillarious!! Buddy is so smart!!

8:45 PM  
Blogger Taffy said...

You're lucky, my kids just pulled really hard and riped the thing off! (It did last a couple of weeks before they got it off though.)

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grampa Roy designed a lock for our fridge after we lost numerous eggs and near gallons of milk to our kitchen floorthanks to Aaron's efforts. It was so nice when the lock was not needed any more. "This too shall pass" it just takes time and a lot of patience.

6:47 AM  
Blogger Trick said...

Buddy's cousin did the same thing, literally right after we put a new fridge lock on. But, he didn't open it, he pulled the whole thing off! It was so funny the other day when he asked so innocently what that thing (the remainder of the lock) was for.

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home