Sunday, April 15, 2007

Nostalgic Item Offering

Ok, for you Henn relatives out there, you have the amazing opportunity to have Grandma Henn's old wood/coal burning stove. This is the stove of the twins' birth fame...the Daddies were placed in shoe boxes on the oven door after they were born, in order to keep them warm. This also the stove that Grandma cooked on until the 1950's ....ten to 15 loaves of bread (among other things) a week! What a woman!

Anyway, Uncle Leon has had this stove in his basement for years, and is now trying to find a home for it. If anyone in the family is interested, he would love to pass it on to family. If not, it will go either to an antique dealer or a scrap metal company. I have been trying to upload the pics, but for some reason Blogger won't accept them. If you are interested in seeing what the stove looks like, let me know and I'll email the pics to you. It really is a beautiful stove, I don't have room for it, however!

3 Comments:

Blogger Taffy said...

Wow, I would love to have that! Transport logistics may be a little tricky though. Just how big is it? Will it fit in a minivan? How soon does UL want it gone? Now is it an electric minivan? Can you kill Diana with it? (oh, wait, disregard the previous 2 questions.)

11:42 PM  
Blogger B said...

It would definitely fit in a truck bed, maybe a minivan without seats/benches. It might be too tall for a minivan though. I'll email UL for the dimensions. He said that he wants it gone ASAP...they are starting to remodel so they can sell their home.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Ree said...

That's weird! Toby and I have been discussing the purchase of a log cabin. It currently contains a number of antiques, including an old wood stove. The owner is planning to auction most of it, but she said that if we bought the house, we would get first chance to buy those things. As I considered that, I thought the only antique I was really interested in was the old stove. And now our own family heirloom is up for grabs! I am interested, but probably only if we end up buying this cabin.

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home