Friday, January 05, 2007

Finally!



I know that government has a reputation for moving slower than molasses, but I can still hardly believe how long this is taking! On Wednesday, I opened our front door to discover several city trucks parked in front of my house, with 4-5 outdoorsy dressed, hard-hat equipped men walking around my tree. Yes the tree that we called them about beginning in June, someone finally came to look at it! The guy in charge recognized that they were getting back to us a bit slow and said,"Uh, you called the city about a tree...um, a long time ago?" Yeah, no kidding.

Anyway, they only chopped down the most affected trunk, but gave me a direct phone number (to avoid the list) to call in the spring for them to take out the rest of it. I don't know why they couldn't take it all out at one time, especially since they agreed it was infested and probably not the healthiest tree to have (literally) hanging over peoples' heads. But it is comforting that they have started on it. One trunk down, three to go!

Above is a pic of some of the "borer" holes and the chopped trunk. Mimi was glad they left her a place to sit!)

So maybe we won't be seeing these fun guys again next summer!

2 Comments:

Blogger Boss said...

Those bugs really gross me out. Really. I'm actually shuddering as I type. (Is there an online acronym for that? ROTFSBOTDB* maybe?) I hope they're gone for good come spring! Yuck! Ew!

*Rolling on the floor shuddering because of those disgusting bugs.

8:09 PM  
Blogger B said...

LOL! Oh, Boss you have me ROTFLAYR*





*Rolling on the floor laughing at your reaction!

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home