Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Apple Cinnamon Cake

I was going to make a spice cake for Family dinner this past week. That is until I found this recipe on the back of the mix box. It was great, especially with whipped cream on top (then again, what isn't good with whipped cream on top? !) I didn't get a picture of it befoer it was devoured or I'd post that too!

Anyway, here's the recipe:
1 spice cake cake mix
1 (21oz) can apple pie filling**
3 eggs
3 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
whipped topping

Heat oven to 350 F. Grease bottom only of 9x13 pan. Mix the apple pie filling, the eggs and cake mix in a large bowl. Batter will be thick. Spread 1/2 the batter in pan. Mix cinnamon and sugar in bowl and sprinkle over batter in pan. Scoop remaining batter into pan. Bake for 30 -35 minutes. Serve with whipped topping.

**I actually used a quart of our home-canned apple pie filling...it wasn't as thick a batter, but the cake was super moist.

3 Comments:

Blogger Taffy said...

You made my mouth water! Will you be bringing me some of this pie filling at Thanksgiving? I do keep hearing about this awesome pie filling and I have yet to evperience it! (Thanks fo rsharing the recipe)

9:10 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Shana made this and it was YUMMY! Did you post it at Hey Mikey Likey yet?

7:46 AM  
Blogger CAROLIONESS said...

IT WAS SOOOO GOOOOOODDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home