Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Service Auction


So one of my favorite Enrichment Nights has got to be the Service Auction. I love the great variety of services/talents that are offered. We did a service auction last week, (the same day as Buddy's first day of school and Mimi and Buddy's first day of gymnastics...yeah busy day!)

Here are the things I offered:
-Fresh homemade loaf of bread and home canned apricot/pineapple jam
-Fresh homemade loaf of bread and home canned strawberry jam
-help with a project (everyone can use that right?)
-teach someone how to make bread

So while Mimi was at school, but after Buddy came home, we made two regular loaves of bread and two baby loaves of bread (Buddy and Sweetsa helped and each formed a baby loaf). Here are the auction items, ready to go!


The bidding was sometimes fierce at the auction. Some sisters had their hearts set on a certain thing and saved all their service "money" for that item. It was a fun evening.
I was surprised that the "teach someone how to make bread" service was bid over rather fiercely, so I offered another one. I figure that is something that is rather easy for me to do, and it is a good thing to know how to make good bread from scratch.
That night I actually also agreed to teach a few of the cooking group classes this fall: canning jams and white and wheat bread. I think it will be fun!

6 Comments:

Blogger The Mathews Family said...

I'm so glad I saved up all of my points for your bread because it.was.WORTH.IT! So yummy! I am excited that you'll be teaching those classes as well. Thank you!
-Jessica

12:23 PM  
Blogger The Favorite said...

I was going to ask if Jessica was one bidding on that. Funny. So what did you win? Sorry I couldn't be there. I miss you all so much!!

10:43 AM  
Blogger Taffy said...

Looks like delishous bread and jam!

2:57 PM  
Blogger Princess Gerty said...

Yummy yum!

8:09 PM  
Blogger H. said...

Man, your post made me hungry!! Nothing beats homemade bread and jam.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

um I want to learn how to make bread! Why didn't I know about this before I moved?!

7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home