Friday, November 02, 2007

Masquerade!

The kids had definite ideas of what they wanted to be this year for Halloween. I think I had plenty of notice, if only I had taken them at their word! LOL! "Are you sure that's what you want to be? What about this (the costumes we already had)!" Nope. They stuck to their guns and so we had:


The Blue Power Ranger (who refused to wear the mask, which was really ok with me).













Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz (the movie since the shoes are red, not silver). I made the jumper from fabric I've had for probably five years. And I decided to take a page from Taffy's book and make it without a pattern. YIKES! There were a few mis-steps, but over all I think it turned out ok!


















And the incredible horse-riding Duck! She didn't actually ride the horse for trick-or-treating, but refused to get off for the pics!)













Even though we only took them around our block and to maybe 4 other houses, they have enough candy to last for them until next summer I think (unless I eat too much of it, that is)! Why do we parents do this every year?

5 Comments:

Blogger Princess Gerty said...

I have been asking myself the same question, "why do we do this?" However, your kids are SO CUTE! And my kids are so fun and bring me so much joy, it is worth all the pain and work! I love Dorothy!

9:02 PM  
Blogger Lady said...

I love their costumes. I can't believe you made the jumper with no patter. AMAZING!! The horse riding duck is something else!!

6:52 PM  
Blogger Beth schell said...

They look really cute! Congrats on the sewing without a pattern. You're brave, considering Mimi will care how it turns out! Way to go!

5:48 PM  
Blogger Taffy said...

Beautiful job B! I also like all the pumpkins in the background. that's a lot of carving! Your kids are darling and the Dorothy costume looks great!

10:48 AM  
Blogger Ree said...

I've asked myself the same question--what a zany tradition! do we have to have halloween every year? But the children are darling in their costumes...maybe we can just skip sugar over-indulgence somehow?

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home