Friday, October 26, 2007

Happy (Belated) Birthday Mimi!

Mimi turned six a few weeks ago and I am such a slacker-mom, that I am only now acknowledging this on the blog. On her birthday, we sang happy birthday to her and she received a few presents (from Mommy, Daddy and siblings and some from the Grandmas too.) Other than that there wasn't much mention made...we were celebrating Canadian Thanksgiving that day (Columbus day for us US people.) Since Peggy is from Canada, we have been celebrating Canadian Thanksgiving with D's family as long as I have known them. As a matter of fact, six years ago, Mimi was born on Canadian Thanksgiving. We had celebrated the night before at my MIL's house.

Oh she also got to bring Mr. Birthday Frog home from school that day and record what she did with him, to share later with her school class. Here she is decorating cookies at Canadian Thanksgiving with Mr. Birthday Frog.



Last week we were finally able to manage some time to have her party. She invited several little girls from the neighborhood and her (in-town) cousins closest to her in age, E-beth and K-girl. As the guests arrived, they decorated their loot bags.


And then we played a quick game of "pin the crown on the princess."

Some of you may recognize the set up for the next game. When Mimi and I were talking about what to do at her party I suddenly remembered the "spider-web game" (at least that is what I remember it as...does it have a name?) She immediately agreed, and so my work was cut out for me! It took about 45 minutes to wind the room up and about 10 to unwind it all. The girls loved it, and not just the candy treat at the end. After finishing, some began to wind the string around themselves..."I'm webbing myself!" It was pretty cute! The girls then decorated cupcakes, and suddenly, moms were coming to pick up their girls!

Mimi, it is so crazy for me to think that you are already six years old, but at the same time I sometimes am amazed that you are only six years old. You are so sweet, kind and helpful. We love having you here to teach us and be a part of our family! We love you! Happy Birthday!

1 Comments:

Blogger Emmy said...

Happy late birthday, Mimi. I'm glad you had so much fun at your party.

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home