Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Jack-o's are revealed

When we picked our pumkins a few weeks ago, we tried several times to give at least some of them away. True we didn't go so far as to put out a sign and say "Free Pumpkins", but no one took us up on the verbal offers, so we still ended up with ten pumpkins on our porch come the week of Halloween. I never thougth we'd carve them all, but D did them a few at a time and all of a sudden we had 10 jack-o-lanterns on our porch. Each of the kids either drew a design for Daddy to carve or picked one out of a pattern book. Let's see if I can tell what's what...
There was a witch or two, a spider, a BOO!, a few happy pumpkins, a scared one, a "pretty lady" pumpkin, and a surprised pumpkin.I'm just glad I didn't have to carve them...I seem to have developed a skin sensitivity to pumpkin guts. Fun. I love the way they look, though, and how excited the kids get every night at lighting time. And even how they interrogate me each morning, "Did you remember to blow out the candles last night Mommy?" And now jack-o-lantern season is already past for this year. Maybe we'll grow some different kinds next year!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lady said...

I love all your jackos. They look great. Give D a big pat on the back. I love the way our porch looks with all our jackos - love the way yours looks too.!

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home