Sunday, October 21, 2007

Apple Abundance


Some of you have seen our apple trees. Well, it's now harvest time, and we have apples coming out our ears! We've picked the apples that we can reach from the south side of our trees, but have yet to venture to the north side. SO far I think we have picked in the area of sixteen or seventeen boxes worth, And that's just from our trees! SPH-1 and Daddy-O also have apple trees, so we're trying to use/preserve those as well. We are canning and drying (thanks to my fantastic mom!) and giving them away...But if anyone wants some, please feel free to come and take a bag, a box or more!

Here are some of the things we have done:

Applesauce


Apple slices


Apple crisp


Caramel Apples


Apple slices for lunch, snacks, and dinner


8 Boxes and countless bags of fresh apples given away to friends and neighbors


Even more apples donated for church activities (apple pies/apple cider/bobbing for apples)


**I started this post what seems like ages ago, planning on taking pics, but haven't managed to do this yet. so here's the post with fewer pics!

5 Comments:

Blogger Princess Gerty said...

We would love some apples! I don't know how you could get them to us, but we love the dried slices and we love pie filling. (Sorry, I still have morning sickness induced applesauce aversion!)

9:17 PM  
Blogger The Mathews Family said...

I love seeing the product of a successful stint in the kitchen! How fun!
-Jessica

1:37 PM  
Blogger Kelley ♥ a bunch of apples said...

Apples huh......sweet
Hey, by the way, did you get the cookies I left you by your back door today. I didn't have any paper with me, so I couldn't write a note.

11:21 PM  
Blogger The Favorite said...

Oh, I wish I could come and take a bunch! I want to make that apple pie filling you make- it's soo good! But I guess I'll have to go BUY my own.

11:28 AM  
Blogger B said...

Eliza I will gladly share the pie filling with you when you're here in Dec!

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home