Thursday, October 04, 2007

Happy Birthday SPH-1!



Mother dear, I love you so!
Your happy smiling face
Is such a joy to look at;
It makes home a lovely place.

So today is the birthday of one fantastic lady. And we all had some discussion what would be a good gift for such a wonderful lady. After many phone calls and emails, here was the decision for the birthday gift:




The Ektorp Sofa bed from Ikea.

The picture at the top is Mommy's reaction when she found out what was coming into her living room! Here she is relaxing on it.



I won't give you all the blow by blow, but I will let you know that it was with glee that Dani and I pushed the brown beast out of the truck at the dump (although it tried to shove back!)


A big thank you to all who contributed, especially to our designated "nagger", Princess Gerty! But of course the biggest thank you goes out to our wonderful mother, SPH-1, for being the best Mom in the whole world. You are a great example to us all of how to really live the gospel, with true faith and charity. I can't even list all the ways that you are so wonderful. But yo are and I love you. We all love you. Happy Birthday, Moms!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lady said...

B- Thanks for the pictures and description of the day. It was almost as if we were there seeing her expression and her happy face while sitting on it. It was also nice to see the sofa in the house versus on the IKEA web page. It looks great!! Happy Birthday SPH1. We hope you get lots of use from your present. You are so easy to do nice things for!!

7:08 AM  
Blogger The Mathews Family said...

I just wiggled in my chair and clapped my hands like a dork! I am saving all of my pennies to get those exact same couches in the red corduroy fabric. They're so pretty! What thoughtful kids she has!
-Jessica

9:36 AM  
Blogger Ree said...

A great gift for a great lady! Nice work, guys.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Boss said...

I'm late as usual, I know, but Happy Birthday SPH-1. I love you!

Also, the couch looks great in your living room. When I saw the first couch picture I thought it was a shot from the ikea catalog/website, but then I looked a little closer and recognized the colorful artwork above it. Way to go gift pickers/photo stylists/artists!

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home