Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Harvesting the fruits of our labors


I know you can't see the girls' faces too well, but they really helped gather our first salsa harvest. We used the tomatoes and peppers to help Gramma SPH-1 make her famous salsa last week. And of course I've been eating tomatoes almost non-stop...every lunch and dinner, yummy home grown tomatoes! I love having a garden!

And here's our pumpkin that turned ready in July. Unfortunately, it grew in the irrigation pipe and grew so big before we discovered it, it got stuck. The little one next to it is now bigger than the orange one in this picture. The kids are so excited for Halloween and jack-o-lantern carving!

8 Comments:

Blogger Kelley ♥ a bunch of apples said...

WOW, good job on the plantin'! You're right the girls look like they love to help Mom in the garden. How cute!

4:10 PM  
Blogger Shana said...

First of all, that's the biggest sunflower I've ever seen. And second, we planted pumpkins but we didn't get anything but a bunch of blossums and I'm so totally jealous. I wanted to make a pumpkin pie from a pumpkin that we had actually grown. Not this year I guess. You guys are great farmers. Plus, your kids are getting so big. Guess it's a good thing reunion is next summer. Can't wait to see you all.

7:29 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

that is a great garden....love that pumpkin!

8:42 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:42 PM  
Blogger ang said...

i LOVE garden veggies!! some day...

2:25 PM  
Blogger Naoma said...

I love that the pumpkin is stuck in there!! Nothing beats home grown veggies!

9:39 PM  
Blogger Lady said...

I'm jealous of the salsa. I have been begging my mom to come make some with me (only we'd have to buy our veggies at a local stand, still homegrown but not by us). And you are right, your mom has the BEST recipe.

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing tastes better than a tomato right off the vine, and that is a huge sunflower.LuvYa, Aunt Bboop

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home