Thursday, July 05, 2007

Thank You!

I finally took the opportunity this week to hug a lady in our neighborhood and say "Thank you!" Her husband is in the Army National Guard and has been serving in Afghanistan for 17 months (he finally gets to come home in September, I think.) As we hugged, we both teared up. Me, because I have really been thinking about the sacrifices families and individuals make for our country and freedom. I think she teared up because she doesn't hear "thanks" very much.

So here's a big fat THANK YOU to all the service men and women working and fighting for and serving our country and the freedoms we all cherish. And another big thank you to all you families of service men and women for letting them do their job, fighting for people and places we'll (most likely) never meet or see. Your time and sacrifices ARE noted and appreciated. Thank you Thank you Thank you! You make our country great!

5 Comments:

Blogger Lady said...

Your gratitude is appreciated!! I can't believe her husband has been gone for 17 months. I had a rough time for 3 I can't imagine 17! Give her a hug for me too!

7:13 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

We have good friends here whose husband will likely leave for Afghanistan too. I cannot imagine! So a hug from me too - and a big thank you!

8:29 AM  
Blogger Taffy said...

Freedom is not free. Every one pays a price, but some pay more than others. That woman deserves so much gratitude 17 months (or 20 by the time he comes home) is a LONG time. Give her 20 hugs from me.

10:54 PM  
Blogger The Mathews Family said...

Thanks for sharing. It's something that I think about often but realize I take for granted as I haven't had to sacrifice as much as others. "M" truly is amazing how she manages all that she does while her husband does such a brave thing. Something for us all to think about a little more.
-J

12:25 PM  
Blogger The Mathews Family said...

Hello? Hello? Is this thing on? Where are you Patricks?!
-J

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home