Saturday, June 23, 2007

Happy Birthday, Buddy!

I can hardly believe that you are four years old!
As I look back over the past year, I see how much you have grown and changed, and yet how much you are the same--still my wiggly, active Buddy-boy! Your toothless smile is so sweet and endearing, I fear you get out of trouble a little too easily by flashing it! You can be so kind and loving to your sisters, freely giving hugs and kisses. I love it when you come up to me and wrap your warm arms around me and say, "Mommy, I love you!" without prompting.

You are always the first (child) to wake up, no sleeping in for you! I guess there is too much to do and see each day for you to be a slug-a-bed. I love it when you wake up and come right in to snug with me in my bed...and then bound out to the kitchen for breakfast. There is no slow motion for you. As soon as you are up, it's all go, go, go for you until we enforce bedtime each night.

You are a great helper around the house and yard. You can put the dishes in the dishwasher and empty it fairly well too. You LOVE to help Granpa Daddy-o when we clean at PowerGlide each week, running eagerly to find the squeegee and glass cleaner to help with the windows. I love watching you help Daddy mow the lawn, or carry your tool box around to help him fix things.

You are still my little monkey boy, climbing anywhere, anytime. I know that you are really good at climbing, rarely falling or getting hurt (KNOCK ON WOOD! Sorry, hope that didn't hurt, Wood!). But I did have to draw the line at you teaching Sweetsa the "other way" to get up on the top bunk...it scared me to death to see her up there with you! (there is no longer any furniture within a leaping distance of the bunk bed!) Although I didn't see you, I think you may have had a hand (and foot?) in teaching your little sister how to climb out of the crib this past week!

You get so excited when you recognize something that we've talked about in preschool, or are able to recognize letters on signs and things. You are such a smart boy, putting things together and remembering what you see, hear and learn... I wish I could remember as well as you do! You seem to have knack for remembering lyrics of songs. I have been startled several times to hear you sing words to songs that I don't know! I think that recently you have begun to make up your own songs too...keep it up Buddy! What I absolutely adore is how you love the stories from the Book of Mormon and Bible! The way you love Nephi and Ammon, Daniel and David , and know their stories, warms my heart!

And probably the most recent event, (and pretty momentous for Mommy!) is that you have learned to use the potty! WAHOO! You have done a FABULOUS job, and I am so proud of how quickly you have picked it up! I guess the four month warning that 'when you turn four there will be no more diapers' helped you get over the "I'm going to wear diapers forever!" attitude. Way to go Buddy!

You loved your Cars party, and carry those Cars characters around everyday, and want them to go with you everywhere. Thanks for coming to our family, Buddy we Love you!

**I was waiting to post this until I got some pics, but we've had some technical difficulties...hopefully one day there will be pics! Sorry Buddy!**

1 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

Wood and I were talking about how amazing it was that you're 4 and how much it sounds like you've changed and grown! Happy Birthday Buddy!!

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home