Sunday, June 24, 2007

Addiction and tragedy

So our computer has been out of operation for the past few weeks (we just got it up and running again last night.) It was SO hard for me to not "be in touch", not check blogs, or post on my own, not send or receive email, and I had to write things down, not just type and print...oh the agony!!!

I really didn't think I was addicted, but what was the first thing I did, once the computer was going again? post, update and check on how everyone is! There are still a few issues we are dealing with, but it is great to be "connected" again!

The only drawback to being connected again is that I have discovered that we somehow lost all our digital pictures from the past four years. We thought we had saved them on a jump drive, but when loaded back onto our hard drive, we found only two pictures from 2004 and one of Sweetsa from last summer. Don't get me wrong, I am VERY grateful we have those pics, but it was so hard for me last night when I discovered the loss of those years of our visual history. I admit it ... I bawled like a baby. I kept thinking of all the things that I wanted to do (and never quite got around to doing) with some of the pictures. For example, there were some fun pics of the kids all getting into the flour at one time or another...I was hoping to do a collage of them all, with a pic of Big D doing the same when he was about 18 months. Or the copy of Sweetsa's first pic...probably the sweetest baby picture that I have ever seen! Or the pictures of Mimi's wonderful smile at one function or another...and I won't see those great things again. Sorry. I guess I am wallowing in my sadness. I guess I am trying to warn y'all to back up all your pictures and keep multiple copies...or at least do the scrapbook/memory pages that you really want to have around for ever

5 Comments:

Blogger CAROLIONESS said...

Oh, B, I'm so sorry! At least you also have the ones that you have put on your blog.

9:54 PM  
Blogger ang said...

I'm glad you're back I missed you! Sorry about your pics too...

10:21 PM  
Blogger Ree said...

I hate that you lost your pics! I guess I really need to back mine up!

8:34 PM  
Blogger dani said...

I have some of those pictures I believe from the last time Paul did maintenance work on your hard drive (the upgrade from ME I think) so I can help you out some! :)

2:59 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

oh man...I would have bawled too, I love taking pictures and we have tons because of it all on our computer. Tim's been talking about buying an external hard drive because of it. His parents had a similar thing happen and they lost all of their pictures too. Very sad!

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home