Sunday, May 23, 2010

Have my buttons burst yet?


I am so proud of our Mimi girl! What can I say she is amazing! A couple months ago, she approached D ( a counselor in a YSA ward Bishopric) and asked when she could give a talk in church. So D lined her up to speak this month. When he asked her how long she wanted to speak for she replied, "I don't know, 5-10 minutes?"

She was given the opportunity to choose her own topic, and she chose love.

She gave her talk today. Yes I am the proud mama, but she did a fantastic job! She read with expression, and didn't sound or look nervous at all. She even got the congregation laughing. Several people came up to her at the end to complement her (one even said she gave the best talk of the whole month!) D got a note from one of the YSAs saying that her talk answered a question he had been struggling with for quite awhile.

I am so proud of Mimi for having the courage first of all to ask for the chance to give a talk in Sacrament meeting (who does that?), and then preparing and presenting a talk that touches peoples lives.

I pray she can continue to be such a wonderful example as she grows into tween- and teen-hood!

4 Comments:

Blogger Emmy said...

That is so AWESOME. Good job Mimi!

6:56 PM  
Blogger ang said...

WOW.

8:29 PM  
Anonymous SPH-1 said...

Iwas there! Itold Mimi I would have her write the talk for me if I'm ever askedand then I would have her deliver it ,too. Well done Mimi!!
SPH-1

8:34 AM  
Blogger Boss said...

Wow! What an amazing girl! (And you can take that as fact, cause I'm completely unbiased.)

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home