Saturday, January 16, 2010

A New Goal

I went to a funeral for wonderful lady yesterday. She was 90 years old...three weeks from her 91st birthday. It was heartwarming to see how many people loved her and had felt her love though the years. But the best thing was when I heard this in one of the talks:

"She was the Thirteenth Article of Faith." What a wonderful thing to say about someone. And it was totally true! I didn't know Sister Pasket extremely well, but she was honest, kind, loving, compassionate, sought the good in all things, was willing to help others and share her testimony of Christ and His gospel.

I hope the same can be said of me when I pass. That's my new goal.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jam said...

So far so good. In my estimation you're well on your way to your goal!

9:15 PM  
Blogger B said...

You are so kind Jam! Thank you!

9:17 PM  
Blogger Ingrid said...

I love this idea! And I'm with Jam, you are well on your way-- I love that we have such great examples all around us!

7:53 AM  
Blogger Princess Gerty said...

I'm teaching the 13th Article of Faith in Primary next week. Can I quote you?

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home