Monday, January 25, 2010

Taking the plunge


While removing the clog from the toilet (with the plunger not my hands!) the other day, I suddenly had a flashback to childhood: playing with the plunger-pretending it was a pogo stick or some other fun-filled toy. I paused in disgusted awe at my -what would you call it...naivete? obliviousness? I don't know, but I am still disgusted when I recall that. Why do kids think the plunger is such a fun thing? Why do cartoons always show a plunger getting stuck to someone's mouth? Ugh! I just thought that was funny as a child but now... ewww gross!

2 Comments:

Blogger Boss said...

Yeah, kids are gross. Like you, sometimes I'd rather just forget I ever was one. Like the time I decided to keep a herd of pet slugs.

Sorry about your toilet clog. And your disgusting childhood toy. Made me laugh though, so it's all worth it, right?

6:30 AM  
Blogger Princess Gerty said...

Yeah, the other day I had to explain to the kids how a plunger works. They didn't seem to get it. But, just thinking about it makes me feel sick. Also, I share in the horror of the things we did with that thing. I freak out if my kids just touch it!

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home