Saturday, January 16, 2010

Apple Juicing

Back in October, we made some delicious apple juice using the apples straight from our trees. It was fall break so two other families from the neighborhood came over and we all went to work. Thanks to the ingenious Bro Sanford we had a system that worked really well and we ended up getting gallons upon gallons of juice (more than forty I think, but I can't quite remember now!!)

We had the harvesters,

the scrubbers,

and the mashers.

Then there was the press

and all the lovely yummy juice that we put into coolers and jugs and pitchers and whatever we could find to hold all that sweet nectar.

Thanks so much to the Sanfords and the Sorensens for wanting to do this, bringing all the workers and the equipment and most of all for using so many apples!

Here are some more pics of that fun day






And this is one of my favorite pictures from that day:

It's the three babies! (sorry Googs! I know you aren't a baby anymore, but you'll always be your mom's baby!)

4 Comments:

Blogger Taffy said...

oh yeah! That was really good juice too!

8:18 PM  
Blogger Boss said...

I'm so impressed with this and everything else you've canned from your garden. Amazing! (And tasty, I assume.)

8:58 AM  
Blogger Princess Gerty said...

Oh yeah, that was the most delicious juice! (okay, besides MonaVie). But I just wish I could have those trees and so much fun making juice! Way to go B!

9:18 PM  
Blogger Jam said...

I love the pictures and the blogging. It was so fun. Thanks for letting us invade your yard and trees. I always so enjoy the time we three families share!!! i honestly believe we are somehow kindred spirits! love ya, Jamille

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home