Saturday, May 02, 2009

When it rains it pours

Yes we are having a very wet spring and yes I am ready for warm spring days, when I can actually get out and work in the garden/yard without getting wet! But it pours in other ways too.

We just received a second denial from our insurance for Mimi's surgery last September. Argg! I am getting really frustrated, but am not willing to give up yet...so here goes again I guess.

And poor little Sweetsa fell down our stairs today and "broked my bone" (in her words). She broke her collar bone. She did really well except during the x-ray, she screamed bloody murder while we tried to hold her still. At least I had the foresight to bring a good bribe along ...skittles work wonders in getting cooperation from a 3 year old! (except during the x-ray that is...but she calmed down pretty quickly afterward with their sweet assistance!)

So that's our soggy update!

7 Comments:

Blogger Boss said...

Oh! Poor Sweetsa! I hope she's feeling better soon. Or that you have lots of skittles on hand, at least.

9:24 AM  
Blogger B said...

She's actually doing really well...most of the time I'm trying to get her to settle down so she doesn't hurt herself more. For example today after church I walked into the living room to discover her standing on the arm of couch, reaching for something on the mantle!

8:43 PM  
Blogger Taffy said...

Yikes! Keep her tied up so she can't hurt herself again.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

I'm glad Sweetsa is doing well - I hope she can rest long enough to stay that way. I understand about the rain and hope you have some sunny days (both literally and proverbially) soon.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Ree said...

Wow, I'm sorry your kids are trying to support the health care economy single handedly! Feel better soon, Sweetsa.

Oh weird! The usually random verification letters...this time they spell: medic!

8:49 PM  
Blogger Princess Gerty said...

Oh! I am so sad for Sweetsa, but especially you, B. Do the Dr. visits ever end?

9:52 PM  
Blogger Lady said...

I hope she heals quickly. Collar Bones are the worst because there is no way to cast it and with out the added support I think kids forget their injury until they do something to hurt it again. Chase cracked his collarbone when he was 3 too. I hate the multiple trips to the doctors it so taxing. The more kids you have the worse it is!

7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home