Friday, April 24, 2009

April Flowers bring...?

D and I have noticed that our flowers seem to be doing better this year than in recent memory. I don't know if it has to do with the fact that I took out a lot of ornamental onions/allium last year, and freed up some space for our spring bulbs, or if it has more to do with the weather. Some of these are from the garden along our driveway, and some are in the backyard. The ones in the backyard really make me happy because they were all transplanted two years ago and are looking better than ever! And the bleeding heart also makes me happy because I thought it had died (like the other three on our property). I guess it was just taking a Sabbath Year.







They make me smile every time I see them. I love spring! So April flowers bring...Joy!

5 Comments:

Blogger Boss said...

They make me smile too, and I'm not even seeing them in person. Beautiful! Now if only we could get a little spring here in Buffalo!

5:12 PM  
Blogger Ree said...

Beautiful... I have got to figure out how to bend over and plant something so i can enjoy our yard more next spring.

4:28 PM  
Blogger Princess Gerty said...

Looks great! I know your green thumb is thanks to your dedication and attention--but I am still jealous. (I am just too lazy to do it myself).

6:43 PM  
Blogger Lady said...

I agree - Your April flowers bring me joy as well. We have a few flowers this year as well - mostly in a new hanging basket on the front porch but I feel happy whenever I look at it.

6:12 AM  
Blogger ang said...

so pretty - i love spring flowers!

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home