Friday, April 24, 2009

Easter Dresses 2009

Well I seem to be on a biennial schedule as far as making Easter outfits for the kids...but this was an on year. Back at the end of February, as I was cleaning out our linen closet, I found an old set of curtains in a bag. They must have been in the closet since before we lived here [(Yes, I realize that is 8+ years now. No, I do not go through my closets very often (especially the shelves that I have to climb on a two step stool to see.)] Anyway, I knew I wouldn't use the curtains...they don't quite fit our current scheme, so I was about to DI them, when I thought..."There is probably enough fabric here to make some skirts for the girls." If I hadn't been thinking about buying fabric for Easter dresses I admit I never would have thought to pull a Maria from the Sound of Music. Mimi ended up with a skirt, Sweetsa with a dress, and Peaches with a jumper. Here are the finished dresses as they looked on Easter Sunday:



8 Comments:

Blogger Beth schell said...

wow, super cute, and thrifty/crafty! Your girls looks so cute!

1:14 PM  
Blogger Boss said...

So cute! I love curtain dresses! Don't forget to award yourself a thousand million src points, cause you totally earned them.

5:14 PM  
Blogger Ree said...

How crafty of you to pull a Maria. I'm very impressed! They look great!

4:27 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

Good work! And very cute--dresses and girls!

4:51 PM  
Blogger Princess Gerty said...

Awesome work Maria! They are soooo cute! I hope your girls enjoyed them!

6:46 PM  
Blogger Lady said...

I am throughly impressed. Although I do sew - I don't do clothes and they scare me to death! So I sit in awe and admire the dresses. Way to go.

6:09 AM  
Blogger H. said...

Wow! That is way, way cool!!

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Easter Dress Mom said...

Those dresses are so adorable!

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home