Saturday, November 01, 2008

Leaf it to us

As Sweetsa and I were walking to the school to pick up Buddy the other day, she sang the following: "I LIKE trunchy leaves, I LIKE trunchy leaves, Trhunchy leaves make me happy! I LIKE trunchy leaves!" I completely agree. The sound, smell, and fun of crunching fall leaves is one of my very favorite things in the world, right up there with cuddling a sweet baby, or curling up with a cup of cocoa and a good book. All can make me smile immediately.

Here are a few pictures of us helping D rake the leaves yesterday afternoon.





So with our big tree being gone we have maybe1/4 the amount of leaves to take care of this year! This is both good and bad. Good because it doesn't take as long to rake and bag them, but sad because we have so few to play in!

6 Comments:

Blogger Shana said...

We raked 19-30 gallon bags of leaves yesterday. But the good news is, we still have at least another 40 bags of leaves still up in the trees waiting to fall. So, if you really want to, you could come rake leaves with us. We'll totally share. I think I was with you loving the leaves until yesterday afternoon. Now I'm not so sure.

3:23 AM  
Blogger H. said...

Hooray for Autumn! I love the pictures and I love the way you quote Sweetsa. I can just hear her and I've never even met her. She makes me smile. What a cutie-pie.

6:12 AM  
Blogger MMA Lady said...

Hi - It's Amy, Boss's friend. I look at your blog a lot but this time I just had to leave a comment. The pics are TOO cute. Especially the one of your little girl laying in the leaves and surrounded by leaves!!!! Out of control cute. I love it. You should send it in to a photo contest.

11:02 AM  
Blogger Nadine said...

I'm jealous that you guys took care of your leaves before all this RAIN today! We have a big blanket of soggy leaves in both front and back yards. :( It looks like you guys had a ton of fun! And Mimi looks happy to have her cast off and to be able to PLAY!

7:45 PM  
Blogger Lady said...

I love that picture of Sweetsa with leaves all around. She looks so happy.

8:34 PM  
Blogger Sharise said...

Your kids are so cute!!! Playing in the leaves is so fun, and you get the best pictures then.

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home