Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The things I know

This has been a very instructive week. Here are some of the things I have learned:

1. Swedish pancakes really do need the flour that the recipe calls for, in order to cook up the way you want (and expect them) to cook.

2. An arm that's been in a cast is stinky, dry, and skinny when it gets out of the cast. And it needs LOTS of lotion.

3. The police don't respond very quickly (within 24 hours) to phone calls that are not immediate emergencies.

4. You can still manage a pretty good tax refund, even if your employer only withheld $2.00 in taxes this year!

5. An arm that has been in a cast for a while (3.5 weeks) is pretty stiff and sore, and can't be moved...until it's time to go swimming!

6. A swimming pool is a great place to get rid of all that nasty dead/dry skin from the uncasted arm.

7. A computer DOES know when you absolutely need it to work, and chooses that moment to malfunction!

8. Kids love to play chase, especially when their quarry is Mom.

9. Just when you think Spring is here, it will snow...more than it has the entire year!

10. Cheerios can make a child choke...and throw up (yuck!). They are also VERY fun to flick around the kitchen (with sound effects).

4 Comments:

Blogger Boss said...

Oh my. Some of those lessons don't sound very fun. But I'm glad you are wiser. But I'm not (wiser, that is). Who was casted? Who puked? Did the kids catch you? What's with the cops? Is the canoe wood or aluminum?

6:43 PM  
Blogger dani said...

Oh dear B! That was some tough week! Glad Megan's cast is off now.

I need to know a few things though. 1st: What canoe is the Boss talking about? I don't recall a canoe!

2nd: Where did you guys go swimming and leave all that stinky dry/dead skin at? I don't wanna get dead skin on me when I next go swimming. :)

3rd: Just how long did it take to get the cops to call? I haven't had a problem with them not calling me back quickly but I guess run-away children is an emergency even to the police (though it did take them a good 8 hours to show up when I did call them!)

8:05 PM  
Blogger B said...

But we have enjoyed the snow/slush, and all the Cheerio's flying around the kitchen to the sound of "Floo-flah!" (Jacob's favorite sound effect).
And we did get the computer working again...thanks to Paul and Devin (separate instances of willful malfunction)!
We also really enjoyed the park, and the swimming pool. So, there were many moments of fun interspersed with all those lessons learned!)

10:17 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

Oi! "Floo-flah!" is a good sound effect. I commend Jacob on coming up with that.

5:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home