Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Ode to Toilet Paper

I've never really thought much about toilet paper (except of course to lament how much women tend to go through...that was back in my custodial days.) It's there, you use it, it's gone. End of story, right? Not in my household!

I have a little TP fairy who likes to leave piles of it around the house. Sometimes big piles (3/4 of the brand new roll on the bathroom floor), but sometimes little piles...of shredded TP, and these can be anywhere in the house and tend to migrate. Then there are the white quilted paths that lead to various places. I know that much of this can be explained by a certain two year old's excitement at seeing things move/unroll, but it is a bit disconcerting to find Sweetsa-pizza holding a wad of it , and trying to shove it (and her whole fist) into her mouth. Mimi has even used it as streamers for dancing (I wish I had a picture of that!) But the funniest by far was not even at my house. I caught Buddy (literally) as he was running out of the bathroom at PowerGlide, with half the roll of TP streaming behind him.

B: "Buddy, STOP! Put it back, please!"
Buddy: "It's my finish line, Mommy!"
B: "It's not a finish line, Buddy, it's toilet paper!"

At this point I just had to laugh, becuase how many times are you going to say that in your life?

5 Comments:

Blogger Taffy said...

Yea! Welcome to the blog community. Plus it is ok to take the large piles of toilet paper on the back of the toilet and make the kids use it still. But I guess Jacob doesn't actually use the toilet paper like that yet.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Coach said...

We just gave up toilet paper altogether and put a leafy houseplant in the bathroom.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Shana said...

My boys like to stuff it down the back of their pants and then walk through the house, playing dumb as they trail it all over the place. So excited to see you're blogging.

6:49 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

I have the same problem around my pad, only it's Xion shredding it and leaving it throughout the rooms. Nice to see you up and blogging!

4:48 PM  
Blogger dani said...

This just made me laugh! How many times indeed! :)

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home