Sunday, April 13, 2008

Overheard

today

Buddy: What are counselors?

Mimi: Hmm. They're helpers...like Santa's helpers!

-------
yesterday

Buddy: Mommy can we go to golf today?

Mimi:(whispering so parents can't hear) If we clean up all of our room without being asked then I think they will say we can go to golf, or feed the ducks or to the zoo!

-------

This wasn't overheard, as I was supposed to be an active participant in the "conversation." This was tonight after the kids were in bed.

Sweetsa: (poking her head through a small gap between the door and the frame.)Mommy, Mimi talking!

Mom: OK. Go to bed!

S: Mommy Mimi TALKING!!

Mom: Ask her to please be quiet, and get back in bed, please.

S: MOMMY! MIMI TALKING!!!!

Mimi: (calling out from her bed) She wanted to come up on my bed and I told her No!

Mom: (laughing) Sweetsa, please get back into YOUR bed, and leave Mimi alone.

S: (heading back to bed, with that universal taunting inflection) Told mommy, Mimi!

two minutes later

S: Mommy, Buddy talking!

6 Comments:

Blogger Lady said...

Oh Bethany - we have the same problems - with talking and tattling!! I think kids should be able to share a room - teaches them not to be spoiled, how to get along and share the work etc... But oh at bedtime - How I want all of them to have their own room and their own quiet. Falling asleep would be so easy then.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Ree said...

How cute! Those kids just keep you laughing.

12:26 PM  
Blogger Princess Gerty said...

My kids have separate rooms right now, and they still bug each other (and me!) at bedtime!

11:44 PM  
Blogger The Mathews Family said...

That is hilarious! Your little Sweetsa cracks me up!
-Jessica

8:18 PM  
Blogger Jam said...

I love your children!! They are so cute! Sweetsa is sure a spunky little thing! Jamille

6:39 AM  
Blogger H. said...

That sounds so much like our life. Thanks for keeping us up on your life. Your family is adorable.

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home