Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Random Sampler

This is just a random sampling of some of the things going on around our house recently:


Every time I change Baby's diaper, Sweetsa comes up and says, very seriously,"Naughty Naughty, Naughty! Poopies in a potty, no poopies in pants!"


At her two week appointment, Baby weighed in at 8 pounds 2 ounces (40th percentile). She was also 21.25 inches long (80th percentile) and her head circumference was 36 cm (I don't remember the %). Of course the pediatrician said, laughingly, "Given family history, I expect [the percentile for length] to come down in the future."


I am now cleared to drive again. The interesting thing is that I didn't even really miss being able to drive until the past 2 or 3 days. I guess that means I really am recovering! Now just counting the days until I can really start exercising again...a c-section apparently gives you a different kind of post-partum tummy...no I will NOT post any pics!


Yesterday, someone was driving down our street, our quiet little street, and forgetting to watch where she was going, managed to plow into and demolish two
(parked) vehicles across the street from our house. With the amount of damage done to them, I would guess she was going 35-45 mph when she hit the cars. It was interesting to watch the "drama" unfold through the kitchen windows...yup slow day at Patrick Place!


Baby, like most newborns, gets hiccups at least once a day. The difference with our Baby is that they get so bad that she starts to sound like a squeaky toy. Buddy finds this absolutely hilarious and literally laughs himself silly when he hears her.


Believe it or not, Baby has actually smiled, even though she is only 2 weeks old! I haven't caught it with a camera yet, but I will!


Sweetsa asks every day for me to pick her up, which I have been told not to do until Baby is 4 weeks old. She's getting a little more resigned to the fact that i can't lift her, but the first few days were not good! Sweetsa was not so sweet to Mama during those first few days. But I can tell she is starting to understand the situation. Now, when reminded that I can't lift her up, she holds her two fingers up moving them together and apart a few times and says "Snipped? Mommy Snip, snip?!"


Before Baby came I ran to the local discount store and bought a few new toys/fun items and put them in a "nursing basket". Now the kids can only play with these new toys when I am nursing Baby. When we're finished they have to clean them up and put them away, to be brought back out in two hours when we nurse again. The fun thing is that now when it's time to nurse Baby, Sweetsa will say, "Noosing?! Hooray!" And run to the basket. Buddy also is very quick to get the basket out and enjoy the new toys. It makes nursing a much less stressful time than it might otherwise have been.

9 Comments:

Blogger The Mathews Family said...

Your nursing basket sounds like a great idea!

Can you please send Sweetsa over to my house to sing the naughty potty song to my girls? We'll be riding the potty train very very soon.

I can't wait to hear your squeaky, hiccuping (hiccing up?!?) baby.

... that lovely c/s post partum belly... I like to lovingly refer to as an "apron". Blech!
-Jessica

9:37 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

wow the nursing basket is an awesome idea I'll have to remember that when we have another

8:35 AM  
Blogger The Favorite said...

That little Poop story is so funny. Jane and Bruce used to always yell "Eww -mustard poops!" when I changed Kate. I too love Nursing Baskets! It's also nice to have kids who can entertain each other.

11:39 AM  
Blogger ang said...

the nursing basket is a VERY clever idea! glad you are feeling better.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Ree said...

I love that nursing basket idea. Thanks for sharing the cute stories of your cute kids. Glad you are feeling better.

7:40 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

LoL - your kids crack me up!

That nursing basket sounds like a fabulous idea!

1:10 PM  
Blogger Becca Bell said...

Seems the nursing basket is a real winner of an idea. I think I'll try that too!

8:06 PM  
Blogger Pooka said...

B., You have probably saved my life with your super nursing basket idea. J.J. and Holly fight each other over my lap, screaming, pinching... I have quailed in my boots at ever expanding it into a threesome. Now I can entertain the idea again. whew!

5:04 PM  
Blogger H. said...

What a great idea to have a nursing basket! And have no fear, even the C-section bellies can be overcome, or so I've been told! Can't wait to see Baby's smile.

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home