Thursday, September 23, 2021

Here I am!

No, I'm not dead, nor am I hibernating, at least not really. Sometimes it does seem as if life hits like a storm and then it clears for a few hours or days and a new one moves in. Sometimes it seems as if there is no break in the "weather". And not only is the water rising, but I'm sinking and can barely catch my breath. I know this sounds as if I'm really overwhelmed. Strangely, I'm not. Freakishly busy at times, yes. Tired, double yes. With all the storms of life and living, we are actually doing great! Life is wonderful, if challenging. And here are some thoughts/quotes from recent days: Sweetsa, after singing "Popcorn Popping": " I like poptorn a lot." pause "And mataroni!" Sweetsa, when told it was bedtime: "So I tan be weady for Twismas in da mowning!" (This was two days after Thanksgiving) Mimi, after reciting her Christmas list (An easel, the Barbie Christmas Carol DVD, The Barbie Crystal Castle? DVD, one other movie,and a bunch of chapter books.) was asked if there would be anything left for the other kids. Her response : "Well, I guess I don't have to have LOTS of chapter books." Buddy loves the computer and anything played on the computer. He has described at least twenty different games to me and gets frustrated when I can't seem to keep them straight. And Baby B is doing great. Despite spending the whole month of November with a cold, cutting 2 teeth, and pulling things down on top of herself everyday, she is a very happy girl. She's nine months old, 18 lbs, 28 inches, has 3 teeth, waves hi (sometimes), is crawling and starting to cruise, and we're trying to learn some sign language together. She has the biggest smile and her hair is actually starting to grow! She is cuddly and sweet and we all love her to bits.

December 5, 2008

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home